.

.

Monday, June 08, 2009

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

I wish i could say that were true. The truth is I haven't even started packing for my two week trip to Florida for my big sister's wedding.

I leave on Wednesday.

I can't wait to get back. And i haven't even left yet.

There's been this dread sitting on my chest for the past two weeks. I just can't get over the fact that I'm going to have to hug my little boy and walk away at the airport. It just doesn't seem right! I know I'm coming back in two weeks. That's what i keep telling myself. But it doesn't seem to help. Two weeks seems like an eternity right now.

Let's see what we've got sorted so far...

The big blue bag above will be stuffed to the brim with extra diapers, wipes, changes of clothes, snacks, Ethan's sling for carrying him through the airport...


And my blue nursing cover. Which by the way you can still get free and just pay shipping.

Just visit Udder Covers and enter code "onefree" to get your Free nursing cover!


And my book lent to me from Ruth...


I'm only on chapter seven and i've already teared up twice. That does not bode well for the end of the book. I just better not get to the end while i'm on the airplane. Or else i may have to borrow a tissue from the poor soul sitting next to me. =)


So that's what i've got so far.

What else to I need to pack for the 8 hour flight over the Atlantic with a 5 month old? Any of you have travel advice?

7 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I am sure it will be so hard! Ryan had a hard time leaving for just 5 days!! But at the same time this will mean everything to your sister to have you there...

Dont forgot to bring lots and lots of toys, especially ones that Ethan loves!! There is a butterfly that Cayden loves and we dont go anywhere without it!! Oh and the paci...I think you use that, that is a must!! :-)

Randi Troxell said...

i totally understand.. i hate to leave my family and home for any amount of time... im very much of a homebody!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It will be so hard to leave Elijah and Geoff! But think of how fun it will be when you get back! I am sorry that they couldn't all come!

Jayne said...

I love Marley & Me - it almost made me cry in some parts (and that is hard to do, so that proves how well written it is!)

I would recommend that you don't read the end of the book on the plane, or you run the risk of being a total emotional wreck!

All the best for your trip away and I will make sure that our dear Rach takes care of the little man! as if there's any doubt! :)

See you when you get back!

Take care

xx

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, dear friend, I'm glad you're coming, but I feel for you leaving E.Hang in there! I pray it will go smoothly for you. Don't cry too much reading Marley and Me!

Becky K. said...

I'll be thinking of you. Once you are here with your sister and in the thick of things time will likely fly.

Just look at it as wonderful bonding time for your hubby and son...if you can. They will miss you but will be fine.

I've not read Marley and Me so can't tell you a thing about that.

Shari@aPsychMommy said...

I love Marley and Me! It is a tear jerker though. I'm flying with a 10 month old next month and I'm anxious with what to pack, too! Hope you have safe travels!