.

.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Why It's Still Important to Read the Labels

See these cookies?

The ones who were on sale at the grocery store?


The ones who clearly advertise on the front of the box in big bold letters "NO High Fructose Corn Syrup"

I being so gullible believed them thinking, "that's so great!" didn't read the label and happily bought them. Thinking i'd use them for the next ice cream cake I make.

Once I got home it finally occurred to me, "Then what DO they use?" and so I read the label. And there it is, the eighth ingredient down the list: CORN SYRUP.











I was so upset! It's not that I never buy things with corn syrup in them, I do sometimes. What really bugged me what that they lied about it. I mean if they are lying about that, what else are they being dishonest about?

So what did I learn? That you seriously can't trust the front of the box, that they will lie to your face, and that it is always, always important to read the labels to know what you're buying.

3 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I get so mad that these companies can and do lie to us. What is up with that anyway.

You should send a copy of this post to the makers of these cookies. Bloggers are fast becoming a force to be reckoned with

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Well...technically they didn't lie. They said no 'High Fructose Corn Syrup,' not no 'corn syrup.'

There is a difference, technically.

Sigh...

Aunt Deanna

Unknown said...

Good post
I agree with both above comments. I hear/see more about bloggers in the news, bloggers making an impact/changes.