.

.

Monday, January 21, 2013

How To Make Your Own Ice Cream Cake

As you know, our Ethan turned four this week.
And what is a birthday with out a party? And what is a party with out a cake? 

My super talented cake making sister in law had gone home so I couldn't take advantage of her cake skills so I had to come up with something on my own. 

Now my kids are a bit strange when it comes to cake. One just likes to eat the frosting and leave the cake and the other eats the cake but leaves the frosting. But they both love ice cream so I decided to go for an ice cream cake. 

It's easy to make and everyone loved it.

Here's how you can make one too!

You'll need:
A pan - any size you want
Ice cream - I used a gallon to fill a 9x13 pan
Oreos - I used one package
Chocolate sauce 

Get  the ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften up and melt slightly.


Put the cookies in a zip-lock bag and crush them up.



 Put a layer of half the crushed cookies on the bottom of the pan and drizzle chocolate sauce over.

Scoop the soft ice cream into the pan.

Top with the remaining half crushed cookies and drizzle more chocolate sauce over the top.
Place the pan in the freezer for a few hours to harden back up.
That's it! 

You creative folks could decorate it to your hearts content. 
You could also use any flavor of ice cream.

My plan is to use a number candle for each birthday so in years to come when I get old and even more forgetful than I already am I can look back at photos I always know what birthday it was we were celebrating.





Growing Home

No comments: