.

.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

I’m Happy You’re My Dad


I feel safe when you are with me;
You show me fun things to do;
You make my life much better;
The best father I know is you.
I’m happy you’re my Dad
And so I want to sayI love you,
Dad, and wish you
A Happy Father’s Day!

By Joanna Fuchs



Grandfather


Grandfather's face is a kind face,
And his handshake is firm and strong.
His arms are just perfect for hugging,
And his heart's always filled with a song.
Grandfather's voice is a calm voice,
And his laugh fills a room with delight!
He listens to all of our stories,
And he's happy from morning till night.
Grandfather's smile is a warm smile,
He's caring and gentle and wise,
And the love that we feel for Grandpa,
Is reflected in all of our
eyes!
by Genie Graveline


A Boy Needs a Grandpa


A boy needs a Grandpa...
For man-to-man talks,
To go hand in hand
On companionable walks,
To fix up his toys
When they no longer go,
To tell him the things
Little boys want to know.
A boy needs a Grandpa...
To show him the way
To handle a puppy,
To teach him fair play.
To impart bits of wisdom
He's learned through the years,
That it's no disgrace
For a man to shed tears.
A boy needs a Grandpa...
To sit on his lap
And if no one is looking,
They take a wee nap,
Each wrapped in an aura
Of love and esteem,
Each smiling gently
At some special dream.
Author: Eleanor B. Fallis



This is my grandad, daddy and me on our last night in Northern Ireland.

No comments: