.

.

Monday, August 14, 2017


I'm playing catch up here on the blog today. School starts in a week so I thought i'd better catch up on the summer pictures. If you're on Instagram you've probably already seen some of these photos.



Earlier this summer Geoff bought me two tiny peony plants. They grew fast with the mix of rain and our endless summer sunlight. This is the Sarah Bernhardt verity. I also have a Shawnee Chief peony bud on my other plant that is due to bloom soon.  


After our dip netting weekend we started babysitting our neighbor boy for two weeks. He's good friends with my boys and they had a lot of fun together. It ended up raining for those two weeks but we still managed a few trips to different parks and playgrounds.




One evening sweet Ethan made me a cup of tea.

Thankful for friends who invite you for an impromptu water day when they see the sun come out. It ended up being the warmest day of the summer!




Tuesday we went on our last hike of the summer with our hiking group. It was a beautiful day and we drove up to Eklutna lake. We walked about a mile before others warned us of a bear on the trail ahead. So we turned around and enjoyed our picnics by the lake. The kids had a blast playing in the creek that ran into the lake and also in the lake itself.




My friend Ashlie and her kids joined us.
I am so sad about the fact that they are moving out of state this Fall.







It was another warm day so we had to stop for ice cream on the way home!




1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

You're living such a wonderful life in Alaska! The boys are thriving with all that outdoor activity!

Love you, Melissa!