.

.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Anchorage Museum ~ Van Gogh Alive





I'm glad I found this video clip about the Van Gogh Alive exhibit at the Anchorage Museum because I was trying to figure out how to explain it to you. Isn't it neat!? 






After VanGogh we explored the rest of the museum.
I loved this hall with a display from each of the different native tribes around Alaska. You could really tell by their clothing kind of what the weather was like. The far north tribes have heavy fur parkas and boots while the southern areas wore more light weight cloaks.


In front of each display was an interactive screen where you could click on any of the items in the display and it would tell you all about it. Below Ethan is checking out more about one of the canoes. I could have spent forever in there!


Another room held the history of Anchorage.


The boys had a blast in the kids learning area. This was a very fun and interactive area with a lot of hands on activities.

Bubbles!!!

This was where you could make waves and it shows how waves change as it comes to shallow ground and breaks on the coast.


Even some live creatures! :)
 


It was super fun! 

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sarah and I are totally jealous! What an amazing way to interact with his paintings!

I like museums - so interesting!

Deanna