.

.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Exceeding Abundantly Above

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
Ephesians 3:20

Ya'll won't believe what just happened! God who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I can ask or even think showed me again today that this is more than just a words on a page.

Let me back up. You know that my favorite camera my Nikon DSLR camera suddenly stopped working back in November. I think I simply wore it out. I had used it nearly every day for the past six years and never had a problem. It's been a long seven months with out my trusty sidekick. 

Geoff very kindly bought me a point and shoot camera for Christmas which I was so thankful for and it was a nice little camera but I was frustrated nearly to tears many time over the slow shutter speed. That sounds ridiculous but it was true! It would be like you going back to dial up after having high speed internet for six years. Most of my photos were coming out blurry and it was hard to get nice pictures inside or with low light. 

I missed my Nikon something terrible.

Then this morning on their way to the beach my friends Jesse and Sherri stopped by. I've taken their family photos a few times in the past and had used Jesse's Canon for the photo shoots. Jesse knows a lot about cameras so I wanted to get his input on some camera questions.


So he pulls out his Canon EOS 40D and says "You've taken picture with this before so you know how to use it and you'll take good care of it". And then he put the camera in my hands. At least I think that's what he said because my mind was sort of in shock and my eyes were filling up fast when he put the camera in my hands and smiled. 

Yes, they gave me their Canon. Just like that. I was shocked too! Blown away is more like it and incredibly blessed! 

This is huge and means so much to me, you have no idea.

So if i sort of disappear for the next few weeks days you'll probably be able to find me out with my new friend Mr Canon, getting acquainted and taking pictures.

I'm so excited! This camera is lightning fast. It can take up to three photos a second!

Remember, God "is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think."

First picture with my new camera. My mother's day flowers.

Thank you Jesse and Sherri. You guys are amazing and "thank you" just doesn't seem to cover it. Thank you though for trusting me with your camera and I hope I can bless others with it the way you blessed me today.


2 comments:

Jayne said...

So happy for you Melissa, and what special friends you have :) I was actually just asking Rach the other day if you had got your Nikon fixed, or replaced it- because I know myself that I would be lost without mine and would find it really hard to go back to using a point and shoot again. How exciting that you'll be able to capture those sweet fleeting moments again in an instant without having to worry about slow shutter speed :) x

Rach said...

Yay!!! So happy for you!