.

.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Andrew's Latest Update - ProjectGofer continues . . .

Below is the latest from my brother who is currently serving with Operation Mobilization. You can click here to read the previous post that explains what exactly he is doing this year.

"Hello Dear Friends and Partners in the Gospel! Greetings in the Name of Jesus, the Name above all names! 

I have much to share with you, and need your prayers as I continue in the battle. The last time I wrote you, I was about to leave for OM’s GO Conference in Holland. Let me start there . . .  
The GO Conference was a special time of learning and growing with over 400 new recruits, OM missionaries, staff and volunteers. I wanted to take some footage to show you, but due to security reasons (some of the new recruits were going into closed countries) I was not able to. So just imagine with me the unique diversity of this ten day training, there were over 60 different languages represented at the Conference. I met people from countries that once only received missionaries, now because of the power of the gospel, those same countries are sending missionaries! Praise the Lord! One of my highlights was the day of prayer where we prayed over all the nations on a huge map of the world. After the conference I had a layover in Amsterdam so I decided to take to the streets. See my video below, taken in the middle of the Red Light District. Please pray for the Netherlands and Amsterdam in particular. There is much need, but Christ is sufficient and the Gospel is powerful! 



After I got back I officially started as George Verwer’s Gofer! The very next day (Sunday) we had two meetings in the south of England. The next weekend we were in Scotland for several meetings. We spent a day in prayer in which we traveled by train though the Highlands of Scotland. I was able to do some hiking and God gave me a divine conversation with a lady who was walking on the same path. George preached in both Edinburgh and Glasgow during our time in Scotland. God is working in this country in spite of the secularism that prevails. 
See my video below for how you can pray for the church in Scotland. Also, watch as I interview Philip and Sharon Rose who work with OM in Scotland. Please Pray!



The following weekend found us in Italy at the base of the Italian Alps. We were there for the 50 year celebration of OM’s work in Italy. George spoke multiple times while there as well as preaching in a local church. Many books went out in both English and Italian. I’m constantly burdened as I see so much need all around the world, even in countries that one would think are fine. Italy is a country of great spiritual need, it has less than 2% of the gospel witness that the United States has. Watch the video below as Robert Vitter and I hike in the Italian Alps! Robert and his wife Laura work with OM in Italy. Please, pray for Italy and the Vitter’s ministry there. You won't’ want to miss watching this latest episode of ProjectGofer! It even has music!



A day and a half after getting back from Italy, George and I were on the road again . . . this time to America, have you heard of it? Me either. George was one of the keynote speakers at the Call2All Congress held in Kansas City. Call2All is an organization seeking to network different mission agencies together for the purpose of finishing the Great Commission in this generation. The International House of Prayer (IHOP) was the host. Our time at Call2All was very good and I was able to pray over an even bigger map! In fact at this conference they had two huge maps. The largest map was just the 10/40 window of the world and it took up a whole gymnazium! It was powerful because, the map had dots representing every unreached people group in the 10/40 window. Let me tell you . . . there were lots of dots. What gets me is that so many believers don’t seem to understand the true extent of the need around the world. In Kansas City alone there is more gospel witness and outreach than in some whole NATIONS! This should not be! The last words of Jesus, our Commander and King, were to “go into all the world . . . and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mat. 28:19-20). David Livingstone once said, "If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?" 

In my email back in August, I asked us to consider becoming more zealous in our devotion to Christ and in reaching the world for Jesus. So now, two months later, how are we doing? What are we doing to reach the lost millions of the world? Will you join me on this journey as we seek to learn how to live in such a way that our lives impact a lost world for Christ? I’m on this journey now and learning what those words mean, there’s no turning back, nor would I want to. I wouldn’t trade any passing pleasure this world offers for the joy of serving Christ. Christ is worth it all! 

Let me bring this to a close, it's far too long already. After returning from America we had a weekend of ministry in Northern Ireland, which was very fruitful. We have now been back here in London for the past week and a half (the longest I have been in one place since I left to come here:) Tomorrow we leave for a three week tour of the States and Canada. While there we will be in NY City, New York State, Idaho, Texas and Toronto Canada. 

Please pray for this trip, that our time at these churches and conferences would be fruitful. Pray for George as he speaks and for physical strength for his wife, Drena, as she will be accompanying him on this trip. Pray for me, that I would keep Christ first in everything, that I would be disciplined and diligent in my personal walk with the Lord, in Bible Study, prayer, and evangelism. Pray that I would have a heart of humility and serve George well.

Thanks for your continued prayers for me. Remember, “Live everyday like it’s your last, one day you’ll be right.” I love you all. 

For Christ and the Nations,
Andrew Day (the gofer)


P.S It was exactly one year ago, last night, that I first heard George Verwer speak at the Moody Missions Conference. It was one year ago, tonight, that he excepted my invitation and spoke on my floor (go Culby 16!). The rest is, as they say, history! I want to give a shout out to my Moody friends who are in the midst, of my favorite week of the year, Missions Conference! I would especially love to hear from you all. Let me know how God is working in your life this week. 
Know that I've been thinking and praying for you all. It's a powerful time, God radically shaped my life through Missions Conference. So wish I could be there right now!"


Hey there, it's Melissa again.

Here's something to think about. America spent $6.9 BILLION dollars on Halloween last year alone and it's expected to spend rise to $8 billion this year. 

The average family will spend $40 on Halloween. 

Which really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. But if goes to show that if we all gave a little we could make a huge difference in taking the financial load off many missionaries backs. 

Because they don't get a salary from the mission agency, missionaries have to raise their own support from friends, family and churches back home who believe in them, believe in what they are doing, and are willing to stand behind them with their finances. 

I know it can be a scarifies. It's hard to let go of our hard earned money. But really, it's not our money. God has given us that money so that we could bring Him honor and glory in how we use it. 

What if we give even just half of what we will spend on Halloween to some one in need.

There are many needs and many ways to give. If you need more ideas or recommendations just ask and I can give you a list, from sponsoring a child, a local crisis pregnancy center, your church, or even buying some Thanksgiving groceries for a family you know.  

If you would like to send Andrew a gift:
Go to the OM site here and click Give Online
Choose the option "OM Missionary-Give to support OM's ministry through a person"
Fill in the information and follow the instructions. 


If you want to let him know you are praying for him or ask him a question you can email him at awd.day (at) gmail (dot) com.



Thanks for listening!






No comments: