.

.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Now Entering the 2nd Trimester!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalms 139:13

97 days down, 183 to go!

Baby: The chin, nose and forehead are more defined now, giving the baby a much more human look. As the baby's facial muscles attach themselves, the baby is able to smile, frown and wrinkle its brow. Reflexes are now beginning to operate. Touch the baby's feet and her toes will curl down, touch her palms and her fingers will close. Baby's neck is longer now and its chin is no longer resting on his chest. Though your little one is still only about 3 inches long and weighs no more than a slice of cheese it has its own distinct fingerprints. Though medical science hasn't completely figured out how, the amniotic fluid completely regenerates itself
every 3 to 4 hours, constantly providing the baby with a clean, warm, safety cushion.

Wow, i can't believe how fast this is going! Although i'm sure it will seem to slow down later when things get more uncomfortable! =) Right now though i feel a lot better. A bit more energy and not quite so queasy!
God is so good and we are so excited about our new little family member!

6 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love keeping up with you! Glad you are feeling better.

I tagged you - see my blog!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

How exciting!!!! I am dreaming of the day I hit the 2nd Tri!!! I love that verse too...isnt this all so amazing, I think its the coolest thing God has created!!! congrats!! Glad you are feeling better too!!


Do you have a baby bump yet???!! :)

And are you going to find out the sex?

Kristi said...

I can;t believe it is going that fast...it seems like you just announced it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Are you guys going to find out if it's a boy or girl?

The Bailie Clan said...

very cool! :)

Becky K. said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly the body parts form and you can see fingers and toes? I am amazed at the development of human babies...

Keep feeling well and best wishes on getting settled in your new home.

Becky K.