.

.

Friday, March 07, 2008

A Really Really Good Book

Evidence Not Seen: A Woman's Miraculous Faith in the Jungles of World War II by Darlene Deibler Rose.


This book kept me up late last night. I couldn't put it down. You will be uplifted and encouraged by her faith in the Lord and her accounts of His faithfulness to her. It's made me cry happy tears and sad tears and then more happy tears! It's stired the longing in my heart again to commit my life to full time mission work overseas. For a time I was focusing on the comforts and security of my home, family and friends here. But i'm slowly realizing again that while these things are a blessing I can't let them get in the way or hold me back from what God wants us to do. And no matter where I am or what I am doing just to live a life fully devoted to God.

Here's a review of the book from Amazon.com...

"Darlene was a young missionary bride when she arrived in Dutch New Guinea to win untouched tribes to Christ. She and her husband had around one year in the field, winning a few converts but ended up imprisoned in separate prison camps. Darlene endured tremendous hardships yet kept her wits about her and walked by faith, always asking God for guidance. Whenever she lost faith and cried to God, He answered her by giving her His peace and assuring her that He would never leave her nor forsake her."

"Darlene Rose is so real in this book, just as her faith and her God are. She never pretends to be more than human, which makes her story even more amazing."

No comments: