.

.

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

A Place Called Hope


Tuesday was forecast to be the sunniest and warmest day of the week so I loaded the boys and supplies up for a road trip to Hope for the day.

Hope is just across the inlet from Anchorage but it's an hour and a half drive because you have to go all the way down to the end of Turnagain arm and up the other side to get there. It's an old mining town and is very small but so much fun to visit.

I think it's worth it just for the scenic drive. And as long as we have snacks the boys are happy. Plus I promised them we'd stop half way there and get a slushy which is becoming their favorite summer treat. They are much more excited to go on adventures with me if I promise them food. haha


We spent an amazing afternoon right here in this beautiful little spot. 

We climbed on the rocks, collected pine cones to start a fire, roasted marshmallows, ate, read, and talked to whales (we saw a beluga whale swim by and Ethan talked to it Dori style). On the way home we saw a huge bull Moose on the side of the road. Gorgeous. 

One of my favorite summer days so far!



Starting a fire.



Elijah made this for me. Yum!

Watching for whales.

 

For you Mom

No comments: