.

.

Friday, February 02, 2018

for King and Country Concert


Six months ago I bought two tickets when we heard for King and Country was coming in concert to Anchorage. February 1st finally rolled around and I was proud of myself for keeping track of those tickets all these months. haha! 

 Elijah and I went together and had a great time! 

These photos were not take by me. They were shared on the King and Country Facebook page from the concert last night. Elijah and I were up in the balcony and my cell phone pictures were less than inspiring so i'm sharing these instead. 








During the concert they took the time to share about the children in need of sponsoring through Compassion International. They had packets of 250 children in need and  when I went to pick one up they were ALL taken already! How cool is that!?

We decided to sponsor a child as a family so this morning the boys and I sat down together and I pulled up the Compassion website. We knew we wanted to pick one of the children who had been on the waiting list the longest. It didn't matter what country or age and there were a lot of children who had been waiting over a year. Elijah pointed to one boy who has been waiting 417 days and said "How about that one?" Pulling up his profile we learned he was 11 years old and from Burkina Faso. We can't wait to write him letters and get to know him better.


Then this afternoon I shared with my cousin Jen who is a missionary in Burkina Faso and she asked me what town he was in and come to find out she knows the neighborhood he's from! Oh wow! She said when she got back to Africa she would go and find him! I'm really excited and my dream is that one day we'll be able to go visit Jen and meet this young man! 



I know a lot of you sponsor children too! I'd love to hear where your child/children are from. 

If you don't already I would encourage you to consider sponsoring a child too! You can make a difference in the life of a boy or girl in poverty through child sponsorship.

No comments: