.

.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Adios November


November 30th

Up at 4:30am this morning to check in at the hospital by 5:30 for Elijah's pin and rod removal surgery at 7:30. All is well and we were home by 10:00am. All before the sun even rose over the mountains! It's been a long day. It felt like we fit the whole day in before breakfast!

The doctor let him keep the rod from his arm! The medication made him a bit loopy. It was pretty funny. He was all goofy and having a hard time making his tongue work right. Haha!

My sweet friend Sue came to the hospital even though today is her and her husband's very last day in Alaska. What an amazing lady!
We sure are going to miss them! 

Here's a few pictures from the day.

5:30am. All checked in and waiting to be called back.

Geoff is working out of town all week so I had to take Ethan with me.




Ethan and I went down to the cafeteria and got some breakfast after they took Elijah. Sue joined us while we were down there. I wish I had gotten a photo of her. 

Back with Elijah after the pin and rod was removed.
The nurses gave Ethan a popsicle. 

Back home with the rod that was in his arm!

No comments: