.

.

Friday, November 07, 2014

Catching Up

It's been a couple weeks since my last post. I think i'd better do a blog post before my mama starts to worry! :) 
Hi Mom! 

On Halloween we went to a fun Fall Festival at our church. They had games, prizes and lots of candy!

November 1st our Chiropractor had a patient appreciation event at the Anchorage Museum.


The adults got to enjoy some appetizers and a program. The kids got a dinner and a chance to explore the children's discovery area of the Museum and a video in the Planetarium. Fun!


This structure is outside the Anchorage Museum and the boys loved it. It reminded them of the Minecraft game they love so much.

The days are cold and you can see our tea collection is growing. 
I usually keep a pot of tea on the stove that Elijah and I and occasionally  Ethan, enjoy through out the day.

It's dark now around 5:00pm. When it's not cloudy the sunsets are beautiful. 

The end of last month we drove up on the hillside around the city where the snow was still pretty much everywhere. We're still waiting for more snow! Other than the one time middle of last month we haven't had any snow.


If you see Geoff with this look on his face and a snowball in his hand... run, run very fast! Unless you have a bigger snowball and better aim than I did.


Yesterday afternoon was such a nice time.
The ladies from our small group have decided to get together for coffee during the week. Five of us where able to meet last night and what a amazing group of ladies they are! I'm so thankful for them and the friendship they are offering to this newbie! :)

Geoff was still at work so Marianne picked the boys and I up earlier in the afternoon. She and I enjoyed a cup of coffee together before our coffee date with the other ladies. :) She's my kind of gal! 

This was our view from her living room windows. Amazing!




2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love how you have made your home in Alaska!

I'm thankful that God has placed friends in your life, and the neat opportunities that you have had.

Aunt Deanna

Melissa G said...

Thank you. We really do love it here.