.

.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Catching Up

My mom brought it to my attention that i haven't blogged in 12 days. Wooops! Bad blogger here! 

So here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks. Those of you on facebook may have already seen these.

The magic light of the golden hour...
This was taken from our deck off our apartment. It was after 10pm and the light was a beautiful warm hue. Right now it doesn't get dark until after 11:00 and brightens again at 4am. We finally got black out curtains yesterday and we all slept better last night!


We checked #7 and #17 off this list last weekend and yes the reindeer sausage hot dogs are AMAZING... almost as amazing as my reindeer gyro!



 It's always a joy to get letters from home...

This past Saturday we drove to Wasilla to visit our friends Paul and Jessica.
This was on the way.

They took us up to Hatcher's Pass. There's an old mine up here but it was still closed so that means we'll have to come back! The wind was a little chilly up here near the top of the mountain, though the guys would never admit it. ;)


We ended up hiking on a beautiful trail near the base of the mountain.

I have more pictures I want to share so i'll post those soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

reindeer gyro -I want to try that when we visit!

Thank you for taking us with you on your hike... I feel like I was there for at least part of it :-) Yes, I noticed the guys were in short sleeves ;-)