I've made this once before and served it over rice. We all loved it.
I loved that it was so easy and I found out that I like chickpeas/garbanzo beans.
Curried Chicken and Chickpea Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1. Combine chicken, olive oil, curry powder and salt in slow cooker and toss to coat.
- 2. Sprinkle onions and garlic on top of chicken. Pour tomatoes on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 3. During last hour of cooking, stir in chickpeas. Serve hot.
I served it over rice. We all loved it. I loved that it was so easy and I found out that I like chickpeas/garbanzo beans.