.

.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Favs

Good morning. 
Thought i'd join in at Finding Joy and share a few of my favorite things from this week.

I always look forward to my cup of coffee in the mornings.

Usually have to share with a couple kiddos... or a kitten. 


The mornings have been so lovely we've been putting off school till later just to be outside and play.

That time outside can count for school anyway since we usually find some sort of critter to learn about and study. Science anyone?

I'm treasuring these days with my kids. 

And the very rare afternoon nap on the couch. 
This is so rare I actually thought he might be coming down with something.

Pinwheels, the first blooms came out on our papaya tree.


It's a huge relief that our sweet Rosebud is on the mend. She is doing SO much better!

I call this next picture "a lizards revenge".
 The poor thing had lost his tail to the cats that morning. 
Then one of my boys decided that the kitten needed an earring. =)

And finally at the end of a long day after breaking up fights and trying to teach them to share and think about others and wondering if i'm making any difference at all, I often find big brother asleep next to little brother touching his cheeks like he's loved to do since he was born and that for sure is one of my favorite things of all.


friday favorite things | finding joy

3 comments:

Shonni said...

Such wonderful pictures and LOVE the kitty/lizard picture LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics! I love how siblings can be such rivals one minute and then so sweet together the next. <3

~Lynn

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

LOVE that cup!

And I adore the way that homeschooling can be so flexible. Glad you are able to enjoy the mornings outside! Whoever is holding that insect, is sure brave!

You are making a difference Melissa, some days its hard to see, but the fruit will ripen. I love that sleepy pic of your two boys. Aren't sons so much fun? Keep up the good work, momma!