.

.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Nesting

Welcome!


What a great summer it's been!

Although Autumn is my favorite season I'm not sure I'm ready to let summer go yet.
And even though it may still FEEL like summer around here with temps in the 90's I don't mind if it starts to LOOK a little like Fall.

So this weekend the boys and I dug out some of our decorations from the garage and put them up.
A friend gave me these neat candles when we first moved into this house a few years ago. They sit on my table.

I keep changing my mind about the fire place mantel. Earlier it looked like this...

And for now, at least until tomorrow, it looks like this...
The fabulous portraits of my boys were done by Andrew Topel.
Visit his blog here.


Elijah adopted the pumpkin above from a thrift store this weekend.


My favorite thing is Our Thankful Tree. I cut out a tree and leaves from construction paper and each day we each write something we are thankful for on a leaf and add it to our tree. It was past the boys bed time by the time we got home last night but as soon as we came in the door Elijah saw the tree and said "We HAVE to do our thankful tree!"


Linking up with The Inspired Room.

5 comments:

Honeysuckle Haven Cottage said...

Im so glad i found your blog!! My girls will love this idea too!! Thanks :)

Lennox5 said...

I love it. So sweet. You must come over and help me decorate. You have the best ideas. It will also be great to catch up dear sister.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I like your mantle the second way best and I love your Thankful tree. I think we may need to work on one tomorrow....

Aunt Deanna

Sarah said...

Love the Thankful Tree!!!! Will be borrowing your idea this fall. :-)

Randi Troxell said...

i LOOOOOVE the first shot of your mantle.. gorgeous!!!!!

btw-- i'm back on blogger, i missed everyone!!!