.

.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

February 1st!

Welcome to February friends!

The world is awakening here in the Ozarks to a fresh blanket of snow this morning! We're not the only ones, many of you will be too!
We get a SNOW DAY!

A snow day is perfect since three out of four of us are fighting a cold.

It looks like Ruth escaped just in time before the sickness hit. She and I drove to St. Louis Friday night since her flight left early on Saturday. We had a great talk on the way. Since Ruth's birthday is coming up but she wouldn't be here to celebrate we celebrated early. We went out for dinner and went to see Narnia in the theater. It was a fun night.

Saturday I drove home to my BOYS! So good to hug them again even though i was only gone for one night. I missed them!


What would you do with a snow day?

7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I would drink lots of hot chocolate with marshmallows! And I would curl up under a blankie and watch it fall. Looks like a winter wonderland, Melissa!

Stay warm...

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, and I would blog! ;)

Melissa G said...

Mmmm, hot chocolate sounds lovely! I'll stay warm enough. It's my hubby that's out there clearning the roads and sidewalks on campus! I'll have to have some hot coco ready for when he comes in.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We will get our school work done and then just enjoy the day! Warm wood stove fire, yummy food, hot chocolate, candles lit...we are ready. They say we will be getting ice, lots of it, so we will see how it goes, we are prepared if our power goes out...

Linda said...

Hi, Melissa, we're under a blizzard warning up here, too, and we're hunkered down! Some weathermen are predicting 28" of snow for our area.

I just had to let you know that I LOVE that little rocking horse your kids are enjoying. Back in the 1950s my dad made one exactly like that for my little brothers. It's still in the family. Do you know who made yours?

Stay warm!

Linda

Tracy said...

Lovely snow picture.

Neha said...

Such sweet pictures!

We had rainy days in school, but now no more, since I have been working :(

Glad you got to enjoy the day with your family!