.

.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Classic banana bread with a twist

Our oldest son has turned into quite the picky eater. It drives me crazy and makes most meal times a battle. Not fun. So when a friend brought over these muffins last week made with bananas, carrots, and zucchini and Elijah scarfed up three of them I was kind of surprised... and thrilled!

Rachel kindly gave me the recipe and now I'm enjoying one with my coffee.

Banana Zucchini Carrot Bread/Muffins

3 cups flour (I use 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat)
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini1 cup shredded carrots1/2 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

 Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, vanilla, zucchini, carrots, banana, and raisins and walnuts (if using). Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.


Makes 2 dozen. Freezes well and makes a tasty breakfast or snack!

3 comments:

Randi Troxell said...

ooh they sound great.. will def have to try them out!!!

---> oh and you know that little matter i asked for your prayers over-- got a call from the doc this very morning.. all test results were good- fine- and normal! thanks for your prayers a million times over.. now.. i just really need to work on my faith and worrisome self!!!

Jillian said...

I'm going to have to try this with Emerson, she is quite picky herself!!

Neha said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I''' try these soon!

Hope you have been keeping well. Take care.

Love always!