.

.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Bitter Sweet"

"Bitter sweet" is a word i've heard a lot this week. I just watched this fine group of folks graduate from The Missionary Training Center tonight. It is bitter sweet in that goodbyes are always hard but it's exciting to watch where the Lord is taking them.


Jeremiah, one of my classmates wrote this on his blog. "Standing in the rear of a packed auditorium, I witnessed the graduation of 38 missionaries from NTM’s Missionary Training Center. As I glanced at the evening’s program, I felt a chill run down my spine. In my hands I held a list of names. But they were more than just names. Beside a graduate’s name there was listed the country where they would be serving. While to many the list may be inconsequential, to me it means hope. To millions of unreached tribal people, these names mean the difference between life and death. These missionaries are the ones who will bring them the hope of the Gospel. The more I think about it, the more sobered I become. While 38 is a great number, it certainly pales when I consider the vastness of the work that still needs to be done. Please join with me in praying that the Lord would continue to challenge individuals to be the voice that carries hope into the darkness."

”…how can they hear without someone preaching to them?” – Romans 10:14.

http://www.ntm.org/wp/jeremiah_finch/2010/05/19/be-the-voice/








(photos by Gordon Wohlgemut)

It's hard to believe that our first term is over and our summer break is here! We'll be staying here in Missouri for another week and then driving to Florida.

We'll be back in to start classes again in August.

5 comments:

Emma* said...

YAY! Summer Break! Hope to see you this summer!

Brittany Ann said...

Good for your fellow classmates graduating!

So excited to see you soon!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Enjoy your break!

I second the idea of loving to see you this summer! Oh, Geoff! Bring the family to PA! Pretty please?

Randi Troxell said...

hope you have a great break.. and try to relax a bit too!!!

Lyryn said...

Awesome! Have a great break, you deserve it! ;)