.

.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Missionary Spotlight

Uprooted from their home because of cival war! Twice!

In 1984 Bob and Sonya Hazen headed to Liberia in West Africa with hopes of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

After five years, a violent civil war forced them to relocate to the neigboring country of Ivory Cost.

For the next eleven years they served there with NTM bringing hope to the hopeless. 

Yet once again their family was uprooted by civial war!

The Lord has now moved them back to the States were Bob and Sonya serve at the New Tribes Mission Missionary Training Center here in Missouri.

"What a great privilege!" they say about their jobs of training and raising up the next generaion of tribal missionaries.

Take a look at this video...

Geoff and I first met the Hazens when we were going through the training in Pennsylvania. They were on staff there and are now on staff here in Missouri.

Sonya looks after Ethan in the Minis class and Bob is one of our teachers!

Here he is teaching the time managment class to a class before us.


The Hazen's web site here. Or email them at bob_hazen(at)ntm(dot)org

3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It is very different now with all the laptops then when Uncle Tim and I went through! We had to take notes with paper and pen! ha!

Kelly said...

Thank you so much for sharing your missionary journey with us. It is so neat because it makes me feel a real part of missionary work through they experience of someone I know personally. I know we have never met face-to-face, but I've been following your blog for quite some time and my family is very close to your Uncle Tim and Aunt Deanna and their family, so I really feel like I know you.


And, it's educational to see all that you have to go through to be trained to go to the mission field. I'll be praying for you and your family now and for a long time. God bless you.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the video & pictures! I shared it on Topel Ministry on Facebook & my profile