.

.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Elijah!

Four years. My first born is four years old today!

Some times it feels like such a long time and yet it has gone by in the blink of an eye!

Give yourself four years and you go from this...


to this... 

Woah! Hold on there, kid! Who gave you permission to grow up on me?

It has been such an amazing journey and blessing to watch this kid grow the past four years. I can't imagine my life with out all his questions, sense of humor, hugs and kisses.

Yesterday Elijah helped me bake his birthday cake. We had fun.

A little bit of egg shell won't hurt right?


An interview with Elijah.


Just to warn you, he's kind of random sometimes! =)

Hi Elijah!
"Hi"


What is your favorite toy?
"Tractors! I love tractors."


Anything else?
"Yeah, we have candles and pictures on our wall." 

Are you excited about your birthday coming up?
"Yes, yes, yes!"


What do you want for your birthday?
"Uh, Bones"


(i think this has to do with the fact that a few days I was looking at season one of Bones on amazon.com and was teasing Geoff that I was going to buy it for Elijah for his birthday when in fact i actually want it! Elijah has a good memory!)


What do you mean "bones"?
"Because I had bones in the mail box."


Pretend bones?
"yeah"

Phew! Just checking.


Do you have a favorite color?
"Oh yes, red! And pink."


"It's snowing today!"


Do you like it here in Missouri?
"yes yes yes, belly."


What do you want to do today?
"uh, playing today."


The kid has his priorities! =)

Have a great day everybody!

8 comments:

Becky K. said...

Happy Birthday, Elijah!!!!

Brittany Ann said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute? He likes red AND pink! Does Geoff know? LOL! I'm just kidding! Happy Birthday Elijah!

KarenLana said...

He was just the most adorable little 7 month old I'd ever seen when we first met you. And now the cutest 4 year old. Wow, time does fly!

I love his personality. He's so much fun ("yes, yes, yes belly"?) LOL!

Happy Birthday Elijah!!!

A. Sherri & U. Jesse said...

Happy Birthday E!!! We love you little man!!!

Unknown said...

Happy, happy birthday Elijiah. I hope you have a wonderful day and year ahead. That birthday cake sure does look yummy. I have a little boy who sure would like to play tractors with you. :) Enjoy your special day!!

Unknown said...

Happy, happy birthday Elijiah. I hope you have a wonderful day and year ahead. That birthday cake sure does look yummy. I have a little boy who sure would like to play tractors with you. :) Enjoy your special day!!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday cute boy!! When I started blogging he was only two!!!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That is pretty random! Funny boy!