.

.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Welcome!

Elijah's Adventures a.k.a. The Gill Family Adventures has a new name!

I was going to wait until we moved to Missouri and started the missionary training to put it up but I'm afraid it'll be too busy and changing the name/look now will mean one less thing to worry about then. So welcome to The Missionary Mama!

I wanted a name that reflected who I was and I think this one does. I may be a missionary (or soon will be) but first I was and am a wife and mother. And my family is a priority for me, even when we are on the mission field my family will be my main "ministry". I'm thankful for a husband who views it the same way and encourages me in that area and sees our family as a ministry as well.

I've been asked how we will raise our boys on the mission field and I'd have to say the same way we would if we were living here. They were given to us by the Lord to raise and I'm so happy to be their mommy! I don't want them to feel like we are putting our "missionary work" above them. But I also think it's a great experience for them to grow up seeing that there is a big world out there and it doesn't all revolve around them. There are millions of people around the world who have never once heard about the true and living God who sent His son so they don't have to live in darkness and in fear anymore. But that's another topic for another post.

So now that I have a name that will be sticking around for a while (sorry i've changed it so much!) I'm wondering if one of you can help me make a blog button?

Ok, i need to go make this sweet potato casserole or Rachel and Geoff may not let me come to dinner tonight! =)


PS. Don't forget you can still order a pencil drawing from Andrew! Makes a wonderful Christmas gift!

He can do portraits of both people and or pets. If anyone would like one they would need to send Andrew a jpeg of the picture they'd like to have drawn through email. Portraits will be 9'' x 12'' & the price is $40. That's a great price. I've seen them online prices for a lot more!

Here's his email again... andrewtopel@hotmail.com


6 comments:

Becky K. said...

Ok, this is the last change, though! lol

Love the thought and meaning in this Blog name. You are so dear in sharing the things that mean so much to you.

Becky

Melissa G said...

Ok Becky! I promise this will be the last change!

Brittany Ann said...

I love it, Liss! Perfect for you!

christyc84 said...

Hey- thanks for visiting!! I am glad I could make you feel as if you still were there- even though you couldn't make it- I think she will come again some day (she is working on publishing black heels to tractor wheels) and you won't have to miss out- she is an awesome person and I love her blog- Your blog designs are really neat! Is this something you do for fun or as a business? I am bookmarking your blog so I can visit again! Thanks for stopping by!

penny said...

Its important that you like the name of your blog and you feel that it reflects who you are.
You have a wonderful blog, hope all go well with your move. God Bless you and your family. Enjoy your delicious dinner.

Randi Troxell said...

i think this is wonderful.. and i love it!!!!