.

.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Banana Bread & Boys

Elijah and I found this recipe for Banana Bread and put it together while Ethan was napping this morning . I love those nap times! =) It was really easy to mix up and turned out great!

Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
I put mine in a 12 hole muffin pan. And baked it for about 25 minuets.
I was going to take pictures step by step but my camera battery died after taking the first photo above. So I can't show you how yummy they look! I'll have to put up the photo from Simply Recipes.


Now for those of you who just check our blog for pictures of the boys, i know who you are! these are to keep you happy!

Guess who's 8 months old today!? And look who got a hold of his brothers marker!

Granny takes a walk every day. She always brings a treat for the dogs and Elijah has to show her what he's been up to that morning.

Today it was riding his bike.


A little boy and his dog deep in thought.

What is he dreaming about?

Oh! I've been discovered!

Have a good night you all!

9 comments:

Carly said...

The picture with the marker on the face is priceless! I love banana bread, I'll have to try this recipe.

TanyaLea said...

I love when you post recipes on here...they always sound so YUMMY!!

Sorry I haven't been on your blog lately. I've been having a lot of troubles with my dashboard not updates those I follow. So anyway, I'm here 'catching up' now. Hope all is well!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Brittany Ann said...

The marker and the last photo are truly, truly precious! They capture so much fun and love in these little boys you have! I can't wait to see them!

Kelly said...

I love the photos, especially the one where you've been discovered. Love the look on the dog's face and the way he has his ears perked up and that fabulous grin on Elijah.

Tracy said...

Great pictures. Th bread sounds yummy too.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Nate once used marker on his face to create a "camo" look - he was much older than Elijah though at the time!

Fortunately for us all he used washable markers! hee hee

Randi Troxell said...

that banana bread looks wonderful!

silverhartgirl said...

I love Banana Bread and nap time.
Th pic with the boy and dog deep in thought is just breath taking.

Lori said...

I LOVE Simply Recipes. You noticed her URL right?? ;)

Her blueberry muffins are the best homemade muffins I've ever had!!