.

.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Killyleagh Castle

Killyleagh Castle

How would you like to live here?


BACKGROUND

Killyleagh Castle is the oldest inhabited castle in Ireland.

The castle has been in the hands of the Hamilton Family (they have five kids!) since the early 17th Century. Although the original castle dates back to 1160, the Towers themselves were a more recent addition in just 1620.

And guess what!? You can even stay in the gate house towers! They are made up into guest rooms! So come visit us and stay in a castle!

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

Melissa,

That looks like so much fun!
Great photos.

Becky

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

ooh, I am on my way! Sadly just kidding!

TanyaLea said...

How fun!...that's the stuff fairy tales are made of!! :)

Kelly said...

Great photos! It brings to mind knights in shining armor and damsels in distress.

I'll be sharing a photo or two of a castle I photographed today in my next post.

TinaJewel said...

yes, yes, i want to stay in a castle. we don't really have any here in the good ole usa. seeing one is definately on my "bucket" list. (you know the things you want to do before you die) this one looks just perfect. you live in a great place.

Amber Morrison said...

I have enjoyed reading through your blog! What an adoreable family you have!