.

.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

This is my mom's nativity set and it's the nativity set that I remember setting up each year growing up. The pieces are fragile so we were always so careful with them. Even when we were little Mom let us hold them and set them up in the places we wanted! There was that tragic year the donkey lost his ear... but we won't think about that right now.

Yesterday I unwrapped each piece and Elijah set it in place. Just like I used to do with my mom!

Elijah had the stable got so crowed there was no room for baby Jesus! So we had to set a few wise men, shepherds and sheep out side the stable. They were still close enough to look in, so everyone was happy.

I had fun and I think he did too.

Christmas is a great time to remember good memories and make new ones!

I hope today you are able to make some new Christmas memories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice that you and Elijah can spend christmas with your mum. It will not be long to Geoff comes over and you can spend christmas as a family. Ruth

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful time to pass along traditions. The time with Elijah is precious I know, before another wee one comes!! Then you will have two to share with. You are blessed Melissa!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

These kinds of Christmas traditions are so precious! So much more than what your wreath looks like or your foyer! Those are fun things, but getting the Reason for the Season deep into their hearts is so important!