.

.

Monday, January 21, 2008

I hate goodbyes!

It's been a whole week since I've posted!
Last Monday I started out to pick Carrie up from the Orlando International Airport. I hadn't gotten maybe 20 down the road and I got a flat tire! Not just a little hole either, no the tire was shredded. I couldn't pull off the road very far because of a wall, I was about to go over a bridge. My "little" brother, who is 18 and over 6 feet tall came and rescued me! He ended up driving me to the airport in his car to pick up Carrie. My poor friend ended up waiting for two hours! Sorry Carrie!
But it was sooo good to have her here with us this week! She just finished the training with New Tribes Mission and is planing on working in South America. You can visit her blog Life in Carrie's Corner. She took a couple of pictures one day of Elijah playing out side and put them on her site.
Elijah and I took her to the airport this morning. I don't know when I'll get to see her again so I'm very thankful for the time we've had this week.
Goodbyes are terrible! Most of my really good friends and a lot family live out of state or in other countries!! =( But i've been blessed, that's for sure, with wonderful family and friends.
Hope you all are doing well and having a good start to your week.


Love,

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

Other than the flat tire...sounds like a nice visit...

I visited Carrie's blog. She seems so sweet. It must be hard being on the road so long.

While I have not traveled much at all, I have friends all over because of time meeting international people during our time at Penn State and then through other ministries.

The world gets "smaller" all of the time!

Becky K.

The Bailie Clan said...

awww! that's tough.... but how awesome that you got a whole week with her!!!! :)

wishing you a refreshing week!

p.s. we got 10inches of snow last night!!! ahhh!) want some?