.

.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Greyabbey

On Saturday afternoon we skipped out while Elijah was sleeping. (His Nana stayed home with him.)

We drove around the Strangford Lock to Grayabbey, a little town with lots of character. They had all these tiny little gift and antique shops. It was so much fun rummaging around finding little treasures! Rachel found some beautiful old books that she couldn't pass up. I liked looking at the jewelry and Geoff patiently waited for us to get the shopping bug out of our systems so he could take us to a coffee shop for something to drink. (and to warm up) It was a nice afternoon.

Elijah and I haven't been feeling that well because of a bad cold this past week. Hopefully we'll be better by the time we leave on Thursday! Yes, it's almost time to go back to Florida. It's been a really good trip. I'll share more soon.

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me!

6 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sounds like just the place I want to be! I love those kinds of shops!

Have a good trip home, I know it will be hard to leave though!

Becky K. said...

Hey Melissa,
I have really noticed a coffee theme that runs through your blog. If you get to Lancaster County, I have a couple we could visit.
Smiles,
Becky K.

Unknown said...

I had to chuckle… I knew those were pictures you personally took 'cause it's of a coffee shop! Sounds like you all had a great time. How nice for Geoff’s side of the family that you had this opportunity to stay for as long as you did. Praise the Lord you were able to make many special memories!!
Will continue to pray for safe travels.
(:Crystal:)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

What a fun afternoon! Sounds like some cute stores!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking us to Ireland with you!! It's been fun!

Carrie said...

I'm sooo excited to see you!!! CALL ME when your adjusted to sleeping in Eastern Time. Love C