.

.

Friday, December 28, 2007

God's Promise

"And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth."
~~Genesis 9:12-17~~

"The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work."


~~God's Rainbow~~
Rainbows appear after mighty storms,
When things look their very worst,
Just when the skies are darkest grey,
Look for the rainbow first.

The rainbow is a sign of God's promise,
That He will guide us through any storm,
That He will see us through all our troubles,
No matter what their form.

When you feel battered by life's storms,
And you are filled with doubt and dismay;
Just remember God's rainbow is coming---
It's only a prayer away.

~From an "Old Print Factory Inc." Card~


Photos were taken here (in Northern Ireland) earlier today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is so green!! A double rainbow in Northern Ireland! Thanks for sharing God's beauty with all of us. God loves us so much and with the covenant it show us of His great love and promises.

Becky K. said...

Double rainbows are so neat!

It is so nice that we get to see reminders of promises from the Lord from time to time and that you are wise enough to take the time to reflect on it.

Becky K.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I love the promise of God's covenant through a rainbow! There have been many times in life, when trials are arise, that I look up only to find a rainbow reminding me. Thanks for sharing this--its a great reminder of God's promise to all of us!