.

.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Once Upon a Time...

Three years ago today my prince and I were married. August 7th, 2004 was very windy and rainy but for us it was a beautiful day! (good thing we didn't have that outside wedding I had wanted at first!)
My love became my husband and I became his wife and nothings been the same since! It's a joy to be married and to serve my dear husband. And I hope we have many more years together. (I still need more practice on this submitting to your husband thing) But I've learned that if you do things God's way... it really makes things a whole lot easier! Getting married defiantly showed me how truly selfish i really am!
Growing up I made a lot of friends and had to say goodbye to many of them over the years because of moving and changes but now God has given me a friend I'll never have to say goodbye to!
No, it hasn't been a fairy tail every day since. We've been through some rough places but I believe through it we've become closer to each other and closer to our faithful Lord. Some one told me when we got married "Not everything is going to be perfect. But what is not perfect is forgivable." (thanks Tami!)
That's what marriage is about. Life and marriage isn't going to be perfect because we live in this imperfect world. but if we can learn to love each other with the pure love of the One who created LOVE then we are on our way to a happy marriage.


Thank you Geoff, for loving me and for your patients with me! I love you.


Our family three years later.

Thank you also my dear Lord for all the blessings you've shown us. For your faithfulness and care. Thank you for leaving us an example of how to love others. Help us to see each other through your eyes and to love them like you do.
"I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation."

Psalm 33:21-22
"In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! A match made in heaven, we knew it from day one! Love you both! xox

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Congratulations from all of us! Aunt Ginna and Uncle Tom and Sara are with us tonight until possibly Friday.

The last time we were together was at your wedding!!!!

Happy Anniversary to you and Geoff.

We love you!

Aunt Deanna for us all

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary You Two. Time surly flies by fast. I completely agree with you Melissa, and that quote was right on target. ~Love ya Katy B.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe it's been three years! What a wonderful blessing to watch your family grow these past years! I love you both!

The Bailie Clan said...

WOOHOO! 3 YEARS! US TOO!!! :)

Crazy what all has happened in just three years, huh?

Congrats on it all! Especially your marriage... it's a wonderful thing!

luv ya!
-anna